December 17, 2013

PARTIES PARTIES PARTIES

This past weekend, Terry and I went to three parties. That's one of the things I love about Christmastime. There's always a party of some sort going on!

≡1≡ The first one was a lunch party with coworkers PLUS a White Elephant Gift Exchange. Never have I heard of this kind of gift exchange. It was actually a lot of fun! I looked more into it and I guess there are different variations of this gift exchange. But the one we played was a pretty simple one.

Basically, each person that wanted to be a part of the gift exchange brought one wrapped gift, which was then placed in a pile in the center. We were each given a number to determine who picks a gift first. At the end of the game, everyone ends up with a gift on their hands. But what makes it a lot of fun is that the next person to pick gets to steal an opened gift from anybody, if they would like. Then the person who got their gift stolen can either pick a gift from the pile or steal somebody else's(limit of two steals per gift).

The gift exchange was very entertaining because it keeps you on the edge of your seat, hoping that nobody steals the gift out of your hands, especially if it's a good one. The first gift we picked(stocking stuffers) was stolen from us, and we ended up with this Houdini Wine Shower & Decanter Set, which I think is so much better anyway! haha It worked out in the end!
≡2≡ My friends Rachael and Michelle hosted an Ugly Sweater Party. I don't have a lot of pictures to show you guys because I couldn't find my camera battery charger. Sad face. So I had to use my phone. I'm hoping for the girls to post some pictures from the party so I can show you guys.

My crafty friends made this picture booth I think is amazing!
Terry stealing a kiss.
Us kissing under the mistletoe. This was harder than it looks. I had to tiptoe to get a kiss. I almost wanted to say F it!

Gixxer, Jax, and Zoey posing for the camera in their ugly sweaters. (Gixxer took his off coz he's getting too hot.)

≡3≡ We went to Chief Anderson's going-away party. It's always nice to see people I don't see often. My friend Casey was at the party and she gave me this adorable gift basket. LOVE LOVE LOVE that I have some really crafty friends! Check out some pictures of the awesomeness!


The basket was filled with awesomeness but my favorite would be this owl mug. Who would've thought, right? It's not like owls are my shizz. Cough. What I really love about it though, is that she wrote me a note about my blog. That's is so sweet! I'm so lucky to have supportive friends ♥


Alright guys, you know, the more and more I post about my weekend happenings, the more and more excited I am about Weekend Highlights! Don't forget! The first one is going to be on January 6th Midnight PST.

Missed that post? You can read about it here.

I will be posting a link up so be sure to have your post about your weekend ready. I'm so excited about this that I just wanna move it closer haha but I gotta stick with the plan. Stick with the plan.

By the way, I am looking for co-hosts. Email me if you are interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! It's definitely appreciated. I read every comment and try to respond to them so don't forget to leave your contact information so I can reply back.