November 23, 2013

The Thankful Project Day 20: Something About Your Significant Other Or Best Friend

I'm linking up with Kenzie at Chasing Happy for The Thankful Project. This post is for Day 20 and the  prompt is "something about your significant other or best friend."


When I joined Kenzie on this linkup, the first thing I did was look at the prompt so I could plan my post better. I originally wanted to talk about my husband on the first prompt because he is one of the people I am really thankful for. Then, I saw that there is a specific prompt for a significant other.

My significant other, also known as my husband, goes by Terry. Saying that my husband is "awesome" is an understatement. He is the most amazing man I have ever met in my entire life, hence, I married him! Terry has so many great characteristics. I feel like it is not right for me to be thankful of only one thing about him.

From the moment we started hanging out in Virginia, I already knew he is a keeper. What caught me to begin with is his spontaneous, and adventurous characteristics. He was always "down" to do things, even with short notice. We did a lot of random things that I definitely enjoyed--snowboarding, kayaking, paddle boating, to name a few.


Terry has outstanding family values. He is caring, loving, and thoughtful. He has a good sense of right and wrong. I have no doubt in my mind that he will do the right thing, even when I am not looking. I know that Terry will do anything to provide for our family, and make sure that everything will be alright. Even before we had Maylee, I knew he would make an awesome father--and I was right! I admire watching him interact with our daughter. I can see how much he loves her. He is an amazing role model to her.

I am thankful of his amazing characteristics because they make him who he is, and in some ways, make a part of who I am as well. He is definitely my better half, and I am so grateful for everything about him. I am truly blessed.

What are you thankful for in your significant other or best friend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! It's definitely appreciated. I read every comment and try to respond to them so don't forget to leave your contact information so I can reply back.