January 3, 2014

NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTION & TIPS

Happy New Year!

My family and I just got back home from our holiday trip in VA. We had such a blast catching up with family and friends. (I'll tell you guys more about it in a different post.) We still gotta unpack and have lots of cleaning up to do around the house, but once those are done I should be back into the swing of things around here. I hope you all had amazing Christmas and New Year's day. I cannot wait to catch up with everyone and read all of your blogs!

I want to share with you guys some of my personal goals for this year. Perhaps you can share yours too so we can help accomplish each others goals.

MORE CREATING. 
There were so many things I wanted to create last year that I didn't get to make, but will try to do this year. For example:
• painting an animal on that last blank canvas in the nursery room
• sewing more burp clothes
• making some wooden blocks with Maylee's pictures :)

MORE MUSIC. 
I really enjoy listening to music, and I feel like I didn't really expose myself to songs in 2013. So I want to make it a point to listen to more music this year. Time to locate and use my iPods again hahaha

MORE BOOKS. 
My list of books to read is getting longer and longer, and I didn't finish reading one single book last year. Ugh. This goal is really hard for me to accomplish because I get so occupied doing everything else. I'm not sure how else to tackle this...I guess I can try the "less TV, more books" dealio.
 
MORE WORKING OUT.
Yeah...this one  is gonna be hard too. I want to lose the pregnancy weight I got. Over half of the weight I gained throughout the pregnancy just disappeared like that *snaps fingers* when I had Maylee, but I still have a little over 10 pounds of it. While I see nothing wrong with having a few extra pounds, I am not really liking my belly right now. That, and I don't want to have saggy tits so young. So I gotta work out them chest muscles, ya know?

MORE ORGANIZING.
I was cleaning and putting stuff away around the house, but I felt like it was still a mess. I was really unhappy with all the clutter so this year, I want to be more organize so the house will feel much neater, and nicer to live in.

MORE ENCOURAGING.
Now that I am continuously blogging, I just want to connect with people. I enjoy blogging, but I realized that, along connecting with people, I want to encourage women like me to be comfortable in their own skin. I want to encourage women to do the things they want to do. So I thought to accomplish this goal, I  am going to empower women to follow their dreams. I want them to know that they can do it all and be it all, provided that they put their hearts and minds to it.

MORE BELIEVING.
So Terry and I found a church we really like, and I like the progress I made in 2013. So I wanna do things to grow my faith. There are two things I think will help me reach this--reading the bible, and speaking more about God.

MORE GRATITUDE.
This one kind of goes with the previous goal I have. I guess the point here is that I want to be a better person. A better wife. A better mom. A better friend. So I want to be more thankful for the blessings that I have, and not take things for granted.

 ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★

I'm all about capturing the spirit of the New Year so I figure what better idea than to have friends share their New Year Resolutions! I have four lovely ladies here today to talk about their New Year's resolutions, goals and tips for 2014. Check out what they have to say and maybe you can learn some tips on how to achieve your resolutions and goals this year.

MEGAN FROM HEARTBEATS AND LITTLE FEET

Happy New Year!  It’s my favorite time of year!  The time that I always find myself making resolutions and setting goals that I fail to keep!  More often than not, it’s because I set an unattainable and unrealistic goal!  Who wouldn't want to lose 60 pounds and look like a Victoria’s Secret model!?  Am I right?   The one thing I've realized though is that these unattainable goals lead to failure.  I start off strong each year, but my mid-February, I've lost sight of the goal.  This year, I’m going to follow tried and true advice.  My goal is going to be attainable and realistic.  Ready for it?

I’m going to eat healthy and work-out at least 3 times a week.  That’s attainable right?  With God’s grace, 2014 will be a year of growth for our family, so it may not be about losing weight, but rather about being healthy and active while gaining weight…if you get my drift!  

Here’s my plan of attack:  Choose healthier options while cooking at home or eating out.  Instead of the second helping, use portion control.  Instead of French fries and carbs, choose a veggie, salad or grilled chicken.  By making small, but conscious decisions, it’s my hope that it becomes a new way of life.   If the reward to that is losing weight, then it’s an added reward.  Regardless, I will feel better and be healthier and that’s all I could hope and wish for in 2014!   

Here’s to an incredible 2014 and to keeping our resolutions!

HEARTBEATS AND LITTLE FEET • BLOGLOVINFACEBOOK

JASMINE FROM A PINCH OF JASMINE

Goal: Set a budget plan and stick to it to pay off all credit card debt. Less traveling and more putting money aside to pay off all credit card debt was the goal for 2013, but that quickly went down the drain when Las Vegas and California was in the calendar for vacation trips. I only paid off 1 out of my 5 credit cards. 2014 will be my “let’s try this again” year for paying off that debt.     

Tips: Create a spreadsheet and note what debt needs to be paid off first. Pay more than the minimum payment. Hide all credit cards. It’s so easy to just charge your card instead of using cash. Don’t do it. It won’t make a difference to paying more than the minimum payment if you’re continuing to add charges to your card. Set money aside from each paycheck towards two things: a savings account and spending money. Take out cash and put it in an envelope labeled” spending money.” It is much more noticeable (and painful) seeing the money decrease when it’s in cash whereas swiping a debit card seems harmless.     

With determination and will power to stick to the plan, I am hoping to pay off all credit card debt by the end of 2014. I will need to learn how to turn away from store sales. Maybe even pick up a part-time job. Here’s to working towards being free of credit card debt! Wish me luck!


NOOR FROM NOOR'S PLACE

I'm counting 2014 as the year of progress as 2013 was the year of learning.  My main goal is to choose a career for me this year, I'll be finishing my school and getting myself into a college which is one of the big decisions my life.  My ultimate tip to myself (and you too) is "concentrate on priorities, leaving what's not worthy of my time and find new ways to fulfill what I actually need to do. " Other teeny ambition I have been keeping secretly in heart is to help others more as possible. I think there are a lot of people whom I could help all by myself , even with a little effort so I'll try to take it along.




JEN FROM BOONE & OWL

New Year’s resolutions are new for me. I’m not sure why I never set resolutions for myself in the past. This year I have a resolution, and, I’m quite excited about it! Being the shy, quiet type, I live a very even keel kind of life. No waves rock the boat and I like it that way. There is always room for improvement and growth though! So, for 2014 I’m making a resolution to take more risks and put myself out there; In friendships, in blogging, with work, and interning opportunities. There are far more opportunities open to you, if you just take a leap and put yourself out there. I have already taken some baby steps toward this, and let me just say that rocking the boat a little can be exciting and refreshing.   

Most of our New Year’s resolutions have a similar trajectory, we kick off the first week of January and we fade away in February. So here are a few tips to help keep you on target, whatever your goals for the new year may be!  

• Think of resolutions as intentions. If you think of resolutions this way, you can move toward your goals at an even pace, rather than having to change or overcome something all at once.   

• Avoid all-or-nothing thinking. This kind of thinking sabotages progress. Take manageable steps toward your goals. You’ll still move toward your intentions without overwhelming yourself.   

• Find support! We all need support to make a change or take a risk. Find support in friends and family, they can offer encouragement to help you attain your goals!

BOONE & OWLBLOGLOVINTWITTER

 ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★

Resolutions are more sustainable when shared, both in terms of with whom you share the benefits of your resolution, and with whom you share the path of maintaining your resolution. Peer-support makes a difference in success rate with new year's resolutions.  

 How about you? What is(are) your New Year resolution(s)?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! It's definitely appreciated. I read every comment and try to respond to them so don't forget to leave your contact information so I can reply back.