January 14, 2014

MORE ENCOURAGEMENT


Hello friends! You know how I mentioned that I want more encouragement in my life? Well, I have been thinking more about it and I just wanted to share with you all my thoughts.

I love family and friends encouraging me and supporting me on this blog and my life--as a student, friend, daughter, wife and mother--but I am specifically talking about encouraging other women. In this new age that we live in, I often hear women talk bad and put down other women. There's nothing more that irks me beside this. Why do women do it?

Sure we have our differences but at the end of the day, our similarities connect us to each other. We go through similar things--getting a period, growing boobs, being pregnant, having a baby, etc. Nobody else is going to fully understand what you're going through besides other women like you.

Instead of putting down other women, why don't we use this negative energy and turn it to something positive? Why not utilize this similarity to understand and relate to each other? Sounds pretty good, yes? Oh, you know what I'm talking about, so nod.

This is why I am making it a point to inspire women to be themselves, and encourage them to do what they want to do. There has definitely been times when I wanted to do something but was unsure whether it was a good idea, or I just didn't have the guts to do what is in my heart. It definitely would have helped to have someone encourage me to do the things I wanted to do.

Therefore, I want to be that person for other women. I want to be a friend who is willing to help. I may not be the pro at everything, but I sure can be a messenger. I want to support and connect women together, and provide them things they can utilize to become a better individual. In a world like today, I think what matters most is to know that someone understand what we are going through, and that someone has our back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! It's definitely appreciated. I read every comment and try to respond to them so don't forget to leave your contact information so I can reply back.