January 15, 2014

THURSDAY FUN DAY!


Hello friends! Keizra nominated me for a Liebster Award. I figure things can get a little serious around here, so I decided to join in the fun! Check out what it's all about!

A LITTLE BIT ABOUT KEIZRA
Keizra is the blogger at 27th And Luxe. This lady will inspire and encourage you to live a luxe life. I love that her blog name has luxe in it because LUXURIOUS is a synonym to OPULENT. If you're anything like me, I try to find something I have in common with the blogger I am friends with. Speaking of something in common, Keizra is also in touch with her creative side. She is currently in grad school. She's got great taste in fashion and color. Radiant orchid, say whaaat?! Yup, she's pretty cool, alright. So head over and check out her blog!

Anyway, let's talk about this Liebster Award! Her we go!!

RULES OF THE AWARD
+ Link back to nominator
+ Write 11 facts about yourself
+ Nominate 10 bloggers (less than 200 followers) and let them know!
+ Create 10 questions for nominees

11 FACTS ABOUT ME
+ Game of Thrones, Once Upon a Time and The Big Bang Theory are my top three shows.
+ I am the only child.
+ I prefer Coca-Cola over Pepsi.
+ I sneeze like 7 times in a row.
+ I grew up in the Philippines. (Yes, I am Filipino.)
+ I am super excited to start looking for a house to buy!
+ I want a Craft Room/Office of my own.
+ I am a military veteran.
+ Owl and panda things are really close to my heart.
+ My top two favorite ice cream flavors are Cookies N Cream and Rocky Road.
+ I live in sunny San Diego, CA.

QUESTIONS FROM KEIZRA
What's the most exciting place that you've been to?
+ Gosh! This is tough! I have been to a lot of countries, and enjoy every single one. If I have to  pick I guess it would be Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. The city was just amazing all around! Some of the places we visited are the Corcovado Station, the Statue of Christ the Redeeme, Ipanema Beach, and the Sugar Loaf Mountain.
 **Pictures are from Google**

What's your favorite restaurant?
+ I really like The Melting Pot. The last time I've been there, I had dinner with Emily. It was delicious! I really like the process of fondue. You cook the food in the broth. Not to forget about dipping the food in cheese and/or chocolate!! Yummm! Then, wine on the side. Fondue and wine. Perfect combination!

How did you come up with your blog name?
+ Coming up with my blog name was a little tough. I knew I wanted to have "owl" in it, so I asked my Facebook friends to help me out.
There were a lot of suggestions but one stood out the most. My friend Thomas suggested "opulent". It sounded nice so I went with it and I am so glad I did! It's catchy!

What's your favorite clothing store?
+ I really like Forever 21 and Love Culture. These clothing stores sell some fairly cheap clothes. They have a lot of varieties. So chic and I love them :)

What's your hair routine?
+ Since I became a mom, my hair routine has changed. I now wash my hair every other day. During those days, I shampoo my hair, then follow it with conditioner. I leave the conditioner on for a few minutes then I rinse it out. I don't really use a blow dryer that often. I just leave it down to air dry. I think this is actually better for your hair, because applying too much heat on your hair can damage them. I usually wear my hair straight, curly, or in a bun, depending on the day.

What's your favorite nail polish color?
+ My favorite color is peach/light pink. I like it because it's simple, and girly. I gotta say that there are times when I go all out, though, and get some nail art. I love nail art, but they can get pricey so I only get them done on special occasions.

What do you like the most about blogging?
+ I really like that I have a space in the web I can call my own. Blogging has been such a great tool for me in finding myself. I can freely express myself knowing it's my own blog. Receiving comments and gaining followers are a plus!

What is your dream job?
+ My dream job is to stay at home with my kids, and earn money with my hobbies. So I am half way there--I have a beautiful daughter. We are hoping to have a boy next. The other half is that I have always wanted to create things and sell them. I don't know what "things" yet. I just know I want to use my name for a brand, but this is obviously still in progress haha

What is your biggest pet peeve?
+ I have a lot of things that get on my nerves but this is right at the top.


What do you do for fun?
+ The definition of "fun" changes when I am alone or with friends. When I am alone, you would catch me painting, shopping, taking pictures, and making some DIY stuff. With friends, I really enjoy snowboarding, spending time at the pool/hot tub, tanning at the beach, paint balling, shooting pool, and so much more. I am pretty much down to do anything and everything.

FRIENDS I NOMINATE
+ Sweet Turtle Soup
+ Making Sure To Laugh
+ The Jasmine Maria
+ Living Lavender
+ Heartbeats And Little Feet
+ Owls And Monsters
+ Neisha's View
Love Life Logistics
+ My Family And Abruzzo
+ The Semler Life

To my nominees: I hope you decide to do the Liebster Award! It's just a fun way to connect, and meet other bloggers. I picked you because I want to get to know you a little more, and just want to have some fun, so please take a moment to answer my following ten questions. 

MY QUESTIONS
+ What is your favorite movie?
+ What is your favorite memory?
+ What is your phobia?
+ What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
+ If you can plan a vacation right now, where would you go?
+ If you only had one last day to live, what would you do?
+ Imagine you are a superhero. What is your super power?
+ If you could be an animal, what would it be and why?
+ If you can live forever, would you, and why?
+ If you can describe yourself in one word, what would it be and why?

Thanks again to Keizra for nominating me! This has been fun :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! It's definitely appreciated. I read every comment and try to respond to them so don't forget to leave your contact information so I can reply back.