November 6, 2013

The Thankful Project Day 6: A Failure


I'm linking up with Kenzie at Chasing Happy for The Thankful Project. It's Day 6 and today's prompt is "a failure."

I've been racking my brain out, trying to think of something for this specific prompt. I thought, there's gotta be something, something I failed on. I am not perfect! I realize that, aside from being in a constant search for love and happiness--from my parents and a significant other--I constantly didn't feel happy about myself. I lived a very negative life, so much that I failed to see the goodness in it. I sulk and sulk, and I got upset about everything, mainly because I was blaming myself for the bad situations happening around me. I failed to believe in myself. I failed to see how truly blessed I am.

If there were things I've learned from this failure, it's to not be easily affected by outside sources. I am thankful for this failure because I learned to believe in myself. I learned not to let people be in control of my own emotions. When things go wrong, I don't let things get me down. This failure has opened my eyes to see how incredibly blessed I truly am. It has taught me to appreciate the good things in my life and to be thankful for the time I have with my loved ones, to spend time with my family and friends, instead of pouting around, and being upset all the time. You always gotta believe in yourself even if people around you are being negative because you are ultimately in charge of your own being. This is what I like to tell myself: Always, always, always, believe in yourself, because if you don't, then who will?

What failure are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! It's definitely appreciated. I read every comment and try to respond to them so don't forget to leave your contact information so I can reply back.