November 19, 2013

The Thankful Project Day 19: A Book

I'm linking up with Kenzie at Chasing Happy for The Thankful Project. It's Day 19 and today's prompt is "a book."

Let's see... This prompt is somewhat difficult because I haven't really been reading a lot lately. I'm kind of stumped on this one. I'm thankful for the bible but another book I am thankful for is The 5 Love Languages by Gary Chapman. The author explains that people communicate in five different ways: Words of Affirmation, Gifts, Acts of Service, Quality Time or Physical Touch.

This book was recommended to me by my friend Rebecca. I am so grateful for this book because it has helped me identify and understand my husband's love language. Not that we were having miscommunication but it is so nice to know what love language he speaks because I can express my love for him more effectively.  Before this book, the love language idea never crossed my mind. I have always expressed my feelings for someone through my own love language or what I thought would please them. I found out my love languages are physical touch and quality time.

I recommend this book because it can help you assess your significant other's way of understanding that you love them, and it can also teach you some practical steps to showing that you truly love each other. Every chance I get, I recommend this book. I have two copies of it--one is paperback, the other is on my Kindle. I actually lent my paperback copy to a friend at the moment.

I read Kenzie's post on this prompt and I think I am going to try two of her recommendations: The Happy Project and 20 Something 20 Everything. They seem pretty interesting. I think they can help me grow as a person. I also added The Shack (recommended by Keizra) and The Perks of Being a Wallflower (recommended by Jamie Lynn) on my list as well.

What book do you really enjoy? Is there a book you would recommend?
Please let me know by leaving a comment on this post. I would really appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! It's definitely appreciated. I read every comment and try to respond to them so don't forget to leave your contact information so I can reply back.