November 18, 2013

The Thankful Project Day 18: A Choice

I'm linking up with Kenzie at Chasing Happy for The Thankful Project. It's Day 18 and today's prompt is "a choice."

Life is all about making choices. We make choices EVERYDAY. Some are harder to make than others. I am notorious for being horrible at making choices. It's NOT that I make poor decisions. It's just that when I am faced with choices, I take forever to make one. I am too picky when it comes to things. If I was given two choices, I compare every single detail thoroughly. Then if you give me another variable, like picking colors, well, well, well, you better give me til the next day to pick. I am so indecisive and I am not proud of it.  :(

Enough bashing myself!

There is one choice I make everyday, and that is, to stay positive. I choose to welcome each day with a positive outlook in life because I got so tired of constantly dwelling on negative things. My life is not perfect, and I don't have the most positive people in my life, but I try to live my life in a way that it will yield a positive outcome. I don't have this positive attitude figured out. I am still learning everyday. When things happen, I try to focus on the good things, rather than the bad. When something is starting to get me mad, I try not to let it get me all worked up. I do some breathing exercises to relax me. When people talk to me about negative things, I encourage them to see and talk about the brighter side of the situation.

I am thankful for this choice because it allows me to live a happier and healthier lifestyle.

(This is a picture of the bouquet of roses my husband brought home last night "just because")

How about you, what choice (or choices) are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! It's definitely appreciated. I read every comment and try to respond to them so don't forget to leave your contact information so I can reply back.