October 9, 2013

Rain Rain Don't Go Away

I love San Diego for its sunny weather but it hardly rains here. Sometimes I miss rainy days in the Philippines because I absolutely love the weather. I get so impatient until the rain comes again, that's why I got so excited when it started raining today. Rain is one of the most beautiful things in life. It doesn't matter whether it's raining in the morning or night time. Nothing seems to go wrong when it's raining. Since it rained today, I wanted to take the opportunity and share with all of you everything that I love about rain.
 
the view. I remember sitting at my grandparent's front door with my cousins when it's raining. We would watch the raindrops hit the puddle on the ground, and create a ripple effect. It's so amazing how a single raindrop could make such detail. Don't you find it cool when rain hits the windows at your house or your car? I love watching the water run down. Plus, without rain there would never be rainbows :)

it's calming. There's nothing like being lazy on a rainy day. It's so cozy when it rains. I just want to put my pajamas on, drink some hot cocoa, and get all comfortable underneath the blankets. My grandmother would make us some soup every time it rained. It's so fitting. I miss it.

the sound. It all just seems so relaxing with the rain falling around the house, but I especially like the sound it makes when it hits the rooftop. (My grandparents had tin roof, which makes a cooler sound) I love falling asleep to the sound of the rain, and it's even better when there's a little bit of thunder.

it's romantic. What's more romantic than getting caught in the rain with the one you love? I imagined doing so many things with Terry. We could be holding hands, hugging, kissing in the rain, running down the street and getting all drenched. It's so sweet. But if you prefer not to get wet, sharing an umbrella and walking hand in hand while the raindrops fall around you is also romantic!

I cannot wait for my little girl to fit into some rain boots so I can take some rainy day pictures. Here are some pictures I found online that I think are so cute! If any of the following pictures belong to you, please let me know. I found them on pinterest and could not trace for proper credit.

I wish it would rain again tomorrow!

On a side note, we(Maylee & I) hungout with my friend Sirina and baby Abel all afternoon. It's so nice to have friends who have kids that are right around my daughter's age. I am so glad that I can talk to them about the motherly things I am going through, and they can relate because they are going through the same situation. Maylee now weighs 8 lbs, 10 oz.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! It's definitely appreciated. I read every comment and try to respond to them so don't forget to leave your contact information so I can reply back.