October 8, 2013

First Bath

I gave Maylee her first real bath today. I say real because up til this morning I had been giving her sponge baths. The excess of her umbilical cord fell off a few weeks ago, and NO, I didn't keep that stuff. I know some people grow some kind of attachment to that shriveled up belly button thing, but I didn't. In fact, I didn't have a problem throwing that thing away once it came off. I think my mother kept mine though! My friend said she couldn't throw her baby's away. I am not going to judge. It's just not my thing.

The pediatrician advised us to wait to give her an actual bath til her belly button is clear of all the blood, and that's what I did. I waited. I thought she did really good for her first time. She seemed like she enjoyed her bath. She was so relaxed, and didn't shed a single tear. I think I am going to buy her a floating turtle thermometer that serves as a toy too. This way I can monitor the temperature of the water in the bath tub so I can make sure that she's not going to get burned or be freezing cold. She has a Finding Nemo bath tub that was given by our friends, Joe and Theresa, on her baby shower, so the turtle thermometer will go really well :)

Maylee and I went to see Kathy and baby Kaley this afternoon. I got us some double-double burgers and some fries from In-N-Out. We chilled at their house, then I helped Kathy bake some cornbread using this recipe from The Pioneer Woman.

My friend Kimee contacted me this morning and we are going to meet up to go to a pumpkin patch this sunday. I can't wait to see how big her belly has gotten! (They announced that they are pregnant a few weeks ago) Plus, I haven't seen her since her and Dillon's wedding. I'm so excited for this sunday!

P.S. I got me some Bloglovin
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! It's definitely appreciated. I read every comment and try to respond to them so don't forget to leave your contact information so I can reply back.