September 12, 2013

27years/2weeks

It's been a long day. Maylee had two doctor appointments today-orthopedic and pediatric. The doctors said everything looks well. Her hips and bones are looking good. The nurse measured her again. She is now weighing 6 pounds, 9.6 ounces, still measuring 20.5 inches long, and her head is 37cm. I am so relieved to know that she's not only gaining weight, but she has superseded her birth weight.

We celebrated my husband Terry's 27th birthday, and our baby girl Maylee's 2 week old today with some friends over dinner at a steakhouse. I made him a birthday card. (See  pictures below) Since my husband can't eat eggs, we got him an apple pie with crumbs on top, with vanilla ice cream for desert.

My husband and I got woken up in the middle of the night by our fussy daughter. After she had calmed down she was making all these silly faces. Instead of going back to bed right away, Terry and I stayed in the living room, admiring our daughter. She kept putting on a serious face, and then smiling. It was so amusing, we couldn't stop laughing. Moments like these, I realize how lucky I am. Thank God for my husband and my daughter. I feel truly blessed for having them. They make me so happy and so complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! It's definitely appreciated. I read every comment and try to respond to them so don't forget to leave your contact information so I can reply back.