November 5, 2013

The Thankful Project Day 5: A Talent You Have


I'm linking up with Kenzie at Chasing Happy for The Thankful Project. It's Day 5 and today's prompt is "a talent you have."

I can fold my tongue in a few ways; I can touch my nose with it. I can wiggle my nostrils and wiggle my ears. I can play musical instruments. I have a lot of talents. You bet I am blessed. I am not trying to brag, simply being appreciative, of the abilities God has given me. I have been blessed with a lot of things. Don't think that someone else is more blessed than you are. It's just that, we are blessed in different ways.

The talent I am thankful for is the ability to create things with my hands. I've always loved to draw, and paint, and, recently, I have found the passion to create things I see from Pinterest. There is something about creating things that just make me feel good inside. The hours upon hours spent making something doesn't bother me. It's actually quite the contrary. Creating things do not feel like a chore. In fact, it's therapy to me. When I sit there, in front of my arts and crafts, or my paints, brushes, and canvas, I just feel like myself. I feel like it's my niche. I sit there and ideas just keep flowing, my hands start going and I enjoy every minute of it.

I thank God for giving me such an amazing talent. I am grateful because I can make things for myself and for other people. Crafts definitely give me joy, both during and after making them. It makes me happy so much that I hope my creation will reflect my joy, and bring happiness to the people I make it for.

I believe that everyone has a talent, ability, or skill that they can master to support themselves and to succeed in life. We meet no ordinary people in our lives. If you give them a chance, everyone has something amazing to offer! Often it is the one's we dismiss that possess the most amazing of talents. Everyone is gifted but most people don't open their package. It's just up to us to find it, and use it. Just because you haven't found your talent yet, doesn't mean you don't have one.

Today, I am showing you three paintings I created for my daughter's nursery room. Check out the pictures :)

What talent of yours are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! It's definitely appreciated. I read every comment and try to respond to them so don't forget to leave your contact information so I can reply back.