November 3, 2013

The Thankful Project Day 3: A Place


I'm linking up with Kenzie at Chasing Happy for The Thankful Project. It's Day 3 and today's prompt is "a place."

I don't think I have ever mentioned to you guys that I was in the military. Can you believe it? Well, there you go, I was. I know it's not a typical "place" that you would normally think about like a park, a city, somebody's house, etc. but it does have its own address so I guess it counts. It's basically a moving city. It can hold about 3,000-5,000 people at any given time. I can keep talking about the details of aircraft carrier, but that is not the point of this post. I want to talk about a place that I am thankful for.


There are a lot of places I hold near and dear to my heart, like my high school, my grandparents' house where I grew up, the place where Terry and I got married, where we went for our honeymoon, the list goes on. But the place I want to be thankful for today is the USS Carl Vinson.

I am thankful for the USS Carl Vinson for multiple reasons. First and foremost, I am thankful because it is the place where I met my now husband Terry. Secondly, I am thankful because I have met a lot of amazing, true friends at this place. It has taken me to different countries--South Korea, Philippines, Malaysia, Australia, India, China, Brazil, Peru, and many more. If it wasn't for the USS Carl Vinson I wouldn't have traveled and been to as much countries as I had so far. I am thankful for all the life lessons I have learned, all the amazing opportunities and memories I've had at this place. I've scraped my knees, fell down the steep stairs, and worked my butt off this place, but I am really grateful. This place became my home for three long deployments and numerous short underways. It's where I ate, did laundry, worked out, prayed, slept, and built my life long dreams. I can't even begin to imagine the person I'd be, or who I'd be in a relationship with today if it wasn't for the USS Carl Vinson.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! It's definitely appreciated. I read every comment and try to respond to them so don't forget to leave your contact information so I can reply back.