November 26, 2013

The Thankful Project Day 24: A Physical Trait You Have

I'm linking up with Kenzie at Chasing Happy for The Thankful Project. This post is for Day 24 and the  prompt is "a physical trait you have."

Growing up, I found it so easy to give a compliment to another woman, yet so difficult to accept compliments from them. Whenever I received a compliment I blushed with embarassment, or felt slightly awkward because in my mind I was being put "on the spot."

I think this prompt is really valuable. I think it's good that one of the prompts on The Thankful Project is a physical trait we have because it forces us to be thankful for something in our OWN appearances, and appreciate what God has given us. Women often search and look at each other for beauty that we don't even look at ourselves to recognize the beauty within us.

People have complimented me on my eyes, my smile, my teeth, etc, but the physical trait that I am thankful for is my hair. My hair is naturally black but I have been dying it for as long as I can remember; it's not until this year that I have decided to keep it natural. I was looking at some pictures of my mother and friends, when I noticed that they have black hair in common. That moment is what caused me to embrace the actual color of my hair. This entire time I've been trying to look like someone I am not, when God has gifted me something special. I have this gorgeous, shiny, black hair. It's about time I should be grateful for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! It's definitely appreciated. I read every comment and try to respond to them so don't forget to leave your contact information so I can reply back.