November 15, 2013

The Thankful Project Day 15: An Annoyance

Thanksgiving Day is 2 weeks away. I can't believe we are already half way The Thankful Project challenge! I can't say it has been easy but it definitely has been gratifying. I don't acknowledge all the blessings that have been bestowed to me enough, and I am so glad that I joined Kenzie in this challenge.

I'm linking up with Kenzie at Chasing Happy for The Thankful Project. It's Day 15 and today's prompt is "an annoyance."


No marriage is perfect. I must admit that my husband gets on my nerves at times. Some days this is more true than others. For example, yesterday, our conversations were not going as smoothly as I would hope. Little things that he does can sometimes drive me nuts. Things like:
  • not closing the shower curtain when he gets out of the shower
  • leaving his socks laying around in the living room
  • talking on the phone while driving!
    He annoys me more than I ever thought possible, but even when this is true, I still want to spend every irritating minute with him. I'm sure I do plenty of things that gets on his nerves and drives him crazy, too. I can only guess a few things, like:
    • being so indecisive(I'm notorious for this! I take forever to make one decision ugh)
    • being a procrastinator(I wait last minute to do my homework)

    I think the key to a strong marriage is loving your spouse even in those times when he isn't being lovable--or when he irritates you. Marriage is about letting little things go. My mother-in-law refers to it as "choosing your fights." It's about giving up your right in the heat of an argument. It's about forgiving another when they let you down.


    I read something about marriage. It's called the Marriage Box. I'm not sure who the author is but this is what it said:

    Most people get married believing a myth that marriage is a beautiful box full of all the thins they have longed for: companionship, intimacy, friendship, etc. The truth is that marriage at the start is an empty box. You must put something in before you can take anything out. There is no love in marriage. Love is in people. And people put love in marriage. There is no romance in marriage. You have to infuse it into your marriage. A couple must learn the art and form the habit of giving, loving, serving, praising, keeping the box full. If you take out more than you put in, the box will be empty.


    Annoying as they can be, I am thankful that they exist at all because I have been blessed to have such a loving, thoughtful husband. Though not perfect, but I have someone to spend my life with through the good times and the bad. I am thankful because these aggravating things guided me to where I am today, and they are still guiding me to be a better wife as I can be. I am learning to be a more patient and kind person. The annoying little things get on my nerves, but that only means that I truly care. They give me the reason to hold on to what I have even tighter. They give me the reason to pull out some hidden strength to fight, to adapt, to hold on to what I have and cherish my husband more.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! It's definitely appreciated. I read every comment and try to respond to them so don't forget to leave your contact information so I can reply back.