August 24, 2013

DIY // Nursery Closet Dividers

My husband and I are getting ready for this baby. It turns out we are having her sooner than the due date which was September 4th. Since she is in the breech position, and stubborn to stay there might I add, the doctors scheduled us for cesarean section on August 29th! Five more days to go! Oh my goodness! I am super excited to see this baby. That, and I just can't wait to not be pregnant anymore hahaha. It is going to be great to not worry about pregnancy clothes. I am also looking forward to moving around faster. I am so tired of moving so cautiously and slowly because I feel like I am going to injure myself if I move fast. I can't wait to go back to working out and losing this weight I have gained throughout the pregnancy! (I am not going to say how much weight I have gained but it's definitely more than I thought I would.)

So, to not further delay why I am really posting today, I made some closet dividers for the nursery. I was originally going to just purchase some that looks like this online:
...but I didn't really like the round design very much, so I made some rectangle ones.

Material I've used are:
-cardboard box (I used the box that the baby bottle drying rack came in.)
-mod podge
-hot glue
-colorful cardstock paper

I cut six rectangles measuring 9 inches by 3.5 inches from the drying rack cardboard box. Then I cut out a 2.5 inch circle from each rectangle. I also cut a slit, as you can see in the picture above, to fit the dividers over the closet bar. It would be so much easier if you have a tool that has a set measurement, like maybe a Cricut or one of Martha Stewart round cutter, because it's a pain to cut everything by hand with scissors, especially the circles! Plus, it should save you time doing this project as well. I had to use whatever I had, in this case scissors, since I did not have any of those cool tools :(

I bought these pretty cardstock paper from Michael's. I like it because it came in multiple colors and each color has the same pattern in it. I thought of just picking out different patterns/colors from their cardstock wall but each sheet would have cost me at least $0.50, and that's the cheap ones. Buying the pack instead of each sheet has saved me money because the pack came with 25 sheets, and it cost me only $3.99. I still have a lot of sheets left for future projects since I only needed 6 sheets for this specific project :)

I applied some mod podge on the cardstock paper and rectangle cutouts to stick them together. Then, I put a heavy book on top for weight so that the divider will not curl while drying.

Then I printed out some labels. I used 0-3, 3-6, 6-9, 9-12, 12-18, and 18-24 months.

I know the dividers may be somewhat plain under the circles, but I have not decided what to put on them so I will update the post once I decided what to do. If you have any suggestions, or if you find this post helpful, please feel free to make a comment as I would love to hear from you. Thanks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! It's definitely appreciated. I read every comment and try to respond to them so don't forget to leave your contact information so I can reply back.