December 20, 2013

MY FIRST FIVE ON FRIDAY

Happy Friday everyone! Christmas is just around the corner. Oh, and my birthday too!(this Monday the 23rd)

Today, we are planning on getting professional pictures taken for our first Christmas as a family of three. I'm super-duper excited for that! Now, what to wear?? hah, maybe I'll go shopping today!

Starting this weekend, I am gonna be so busy with everything going on around the holidays so I am trying to make some post scheduled about the things I want to tell you guys--things that cannot wait for next year.  

Tomorrow is the last day of school before Christmas break. We have our finals, then I'm gonna start packing for our trip to Virginia. You guys, I am so excited to fly out and see some family and celebrate Christmas and New Year together! It's been so long. I'm sure they are so excited to see us too, err, more like excited to see Maylee! hahaha The family on the east coast are meeting her for the first time :) It's gonna be a great time!

Anyway, I am participating today on 5 on Friday for the first time. I want to share with y'all five of the things that' recently happened in my life. Here they are:

≡1≡ I'm admiring all the Christmas decorations I've been seeing around here--Christmas trees, ornaments, wreaths, and so much more. But I particularly love seeing all the Christmas lights wrapped around trees! I think they are so pretty!


≡2≡ Maylee holding her head up during tummy time. She is getting so much better! She is holding her head up longer each day since we are doing more and more tummy time ♥


≡3≡ I went to the jewelry shop and got my rings all clean after having lunch at BJ's with Terry and our friend Polly.

My engagement ring and wedding band are both European shanks, meaning that they have flattened bottoms instead of the traditional rounded style. I love that the design gives the rings a unique squared look and it keeps the rings from spinning on my finger.


≡4≡ Catching up with my friend Emily over some fondue at The Melting Pot

I love the concept of fondue. You just put the food(meat, chicken, vegetables, seafood, etc) on the skewer. Then, you cook your own food in your chosen broth a.k.a. cooking style. The food is ready in about 2 minutes, so you don't really wait for your food to be done. At least, I don't. While I am waiting for the food to be cooked, I am chitchatting with Emily. Winning.

We had a 4-course meal which included the cheese fondue, salad, meat, and chocolate fondue. It was the shizz. Plus, who can say no to cheese and chocolates?


≡5≡ And, of course, my first 5 for Friday won't be complete without wine!! It was yummy. And gone.

Come link up with us for today's Five on Friday. Stop by and say hello to Darci, April, Christina or Natasha and link-up there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! It's definitely appreciated. I read every comment and try to respond to them so don't forget to leave your contact information so I can reply back.