November 25, 2013

The Thankful Project Day 23: Something You've Seen

I'm linking up with Kenzie at Chasing Happy for The Thankful Project. This post is for Day 23 and the  prompt is "something you've seen."

In April 2012, I went to Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India with the USS Carl Vinson(a U.S. Naval aircraft carrier).  I have a few pictures for all of you to see. I am not going to talk about it too much. I am just going to let the pictures speak for themselves.

No, I am not thankful that there are people out there who are suffering, or are less fortunate than I am. On contrary, I feel for them. Having been to Chennai and seeing how people live there, made me see how blessed I truly am. I have learned to appreciate what I have. The trip to Chennai made me realize that there is always someone out there who wishes that they have what we have--things that we often take for granted.


If you keep your food in a refrigerator, keep your clothes in a closet, have a bed to sleep in, or have a roof over your head, you are richer than 75% of the world population. Appreciate what you have! 

Check out more pictures from Chennai:

**I did not take these photos. USS Carl Vinson photographers took them.** 
  Click here for the rest of the album.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! It's definitely appreciated. I read every comment and try to respond to them so don't forget to leave your contact information so I can reply back.